Home » » Brunei Sultan's ex-wife and former newscaster finds new call

Brunei Sultan's ex-wife and former newscaster finds new call

 

A year after the Sultan of Brunei divorced her, former broadcast journalist Azrinaz Mazhar Hakim (pic) got into the telecommunication industry in 2011 - with bigger challenges than she had ever faced before.She became a director of 3G and 4G mobile service provider Clixster Mobile Sdn Bhd which, she said, made her an even courageous businesswoman.The former TV3 journalist became the third wife of Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah at a private ceremony at the Istana Brunei in Kuala Lumpur in 2005 and was conferred the title Pengiran Azrina Mazhar. Their marriage was dissolved in June 2010.Prior to the divorce, she gave birth to a boy, now seven, and a girl, five."After what I had gone through, I decided to go into the telco industry," she said in an interview with Utusan Malaysia."I started out having zero knowledge of it. It is indeed challenging but I am learning, all the time, about the business."Furthermore, I am fortunate to have experienced business partners who are ever willing to show me the ropes," added Azrinaz, who was named TV3's "Most Promising Journalist" in 2000 and became a recipient of the Malaysian Institute of Integrative Media Alumni Award in 2002."The most important thing is to stay positive always and not give up easily. I have a dream for this company and for my, life."This business venture is important for me and my family. I do not want to dwell on things that can set me back."

0 comments:

Post a Comment